Travel with а car rental in Veliko Tarnovo
General information about Veliko Tarnovo
Veliko Tarnovo is known as the capital of Balkan cultural tourism. It is located in northern Bulgaria, between the Danube Valley and the Balkan. The location can be easily reached from
- 220 km or from
- 223 km with car hire from
Top Rent A Car
The city attracts visitors from all around the world with its ancient history. As a capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom, nowadays Veliko Tarnovo is known as the "old capital" and the fortress Tsarevets is a symbol of the city.
Veliko Tarnovo from above - video with drone
Virtual walk in Veliko Tarnovo
Tourist sites around Veliko Tarnovo
It is interesting to know that the second largest university in Bulgaria - Veliko Tarnovo University "St. Cyril and Methodius" is situated there. You could enjoy to the amazing view of the castle
"Tzarevetz" located on the eponymous peak and surrounded by the
To move quickly through Tarnovo and beyond you can count on car rental service, and you can quickly reach one of the most iconic medieval churches "St. Forty Martyrs" built in (1218 - 1241), and " St. Petka" church.
Famous monasteries around Veliko Tarnovo:
- Patriarch Monastery
- Transfiguration monastery
- Convent of The Dormition of The Virgin
- Plakovski Monastery
- Kapinovo Monastery
- Kilifarevo Monastery
- "Charshiyata" is a kind of ethnographic complex of craft shops, souvenir shops and galleries. Just 6 km from Veliko Tarnovo is located Arbanasi. The old village has preserved magnificent architectural monuments. 20 km from Veliko Tarnovo is located the archaeological reserve Nicopolis ad Instrum - Roman and Early Byzantine town founded by Emperor Trajan (98 years - 117 AD) in 106 g.n.e. With a rental car can be reached in about 20 minutes
- The team of Top Rent A Car highly recommends the visiting of Veliko Tarnovo, during the celebration of the city holiday on the 22-nd of March, when you can enjoy a spectacular visual show "Sound and Light".
- Festival "Stage of the Ages" in August
- International Tourism Film Festival "On the east coast of Europe".
Hotels, restaurants and shopping in Veliko Tarnovo
The best hotels in Veliko Tarnovo according to Trip Advisor are:
- Hotel Gurko
- Hotel Tsarevets
- Minotel Rashev
- Yantra Grand Hotel
- Meridian Hotel Bolyarski
The most preferred restaurants in Veliko Tarnovo, according to Trip Advisor are:
- Hadji Nikoli Inn
- Shtastlivetsa 2
- Ivan Asen
The city offers a variety of options to spend an amazing vacation or business trip. Great place for shopping is Mall Veliko Tarnovo ("Oborishte" 18), where you can find clothes, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, restaurants, movie theater and much more. The mall has got a parking lot where you can park your rented car from Top Rent A Car. Stores working hours: 10:00 h to 20:00 h.
Car Hire Veliko Tarnovo
You could use Sofia and Varna as your start point for your trip to Veliko Tarnovo or you can book a delivery to Veliko Tarnovo. Top Rent A Car offers direct deliveries to all summer, winter and golf resorts in the country.