Travel with a car rental in Elena
General affiliates and accommodation in Elena
Elena is one of the most beautiful mountain towns. It keeps the charming vision and architecture from the Renaissance and attracting lots of visitors every year. It is located 40 km far from Veliko Tarnovo. The distance by car hire from Varna to Elena is about 200 km. You can hire a car from our office at the airport and drive through Hemus motorway.
Just like most of the cities during the Middle Ages, the inhabitants of Elena have dealt with handcraft and trade. Some of the most developed crafts in the region were related to the processing of fur - weaving rugs and "mutafchiistvo". Elena is a great place for eco and cultural tourism. All the mountainous terrain and dams that are located near by are giving many opportunities for the visitors.
Virtual walk in Elena
Sites in Elena
The city has kept a large number of architectural values that have become cultural monuments (over 200 houses).
- House museum "Ilarion Makariopolski" - was built around 1710-1715
- Museum of the Renaissance and the national liberation struggle
- Architectural ensemble of "The five Razsukanov houses"
- Popnikolov house
- The Museum of Paleontology
- The Clock Tower - built in 1812
- The Daskalolivnitsa Building - first class school in Bulgaria
Churches in Elena
- Church "St. Nicholas" - the oldest church in Elena
- "Assumption of Mary"
Bed and breakfast
The best places to stay in Elena, according to Bookings.com:
- Eleni Palace
- Dayora Villa
- Complex Ristanite
- Elena Hotel Complex
- Мorning Dew House
- Kostadinovi Kashti Complex
- Sisters Trifonovi Guest House
- Family Hotel Sunny Hills
Car rental service in Elena
If you are going to visit Elena and you haven’t book your car rental, you can do this using our car hire booking engine on the left side of the web site. Top Rent A Car company has car hire offices at “Tsar Osvoboditel” 17 Blvd and Varna Airport.